Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Introduction to my blog

So I did it. After all these years of the internet, I caved and started my own blog. However, since I'm not a huge fan of these new fangled Twitters and MySpaces, I refuse to ever have an entry like "Getting donuts" or "Out walking Sparky in the park. It's such a beautiful day!"... You've read those posts, and you hate them, and admit it, part of you wants to post on the author's page and say "No one cares about your stupid donuts or your stupid dog."Anyway, since I know no one cares about similar events to this, I promise not to write about them.

What I will write about is something I've been passionate about for as long as I can remember. My subject is one that lends itself to lyricism, and that lyric quality translates across the written word, the radio or the TV. It's one that produces argument, and every once in awhile, agreement. It carries its' own language, sights, sounds and smells. It's a nearly constant companion to its devotees, and for eight months each year it feeds those dependent on it each and every day. It, is baseball...

I'll use this forum to write about my thoughts on all things Phillies and baseball related. Will anyone read it? I don't know. But I think it'll be fun to write it, so if anyone else reads, my only hope is that it's enjoyable for them also...

No comments:

Post a Comment