Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Some Thoughts on Sammy Sosa

I shared my thoughts on Sosa last evening, so today I thought I'd share the views of some of the baseball writers I respect immensely.

Howard Bryant, in my mind the foremost writer on the steroid era, calls for special outrage in light of the revelations about Sosa and implicates everyone- players, coaches, media, fans- for what happened over the last decade and a half.

In an especially damning story, no one inside the game of baseball appears to be very surprised that Sosa failed a test.

Buster Olney seems to agree with my point about unfounded claims against Raul Ibanez... blame the players who created the mess, not the people who point out that it still stinks.

Tom Verducci offers a 'no kidding'... and warns of more big names to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment