Thursday, August 20, 2009

All-Presidential Name Team

As a member of the Society of American Baseball Research (SABR), I get many emails regarding different elements of baseball's history (Quick side note, I'm in SABR for the history of the game, not to make up new statistics or try to argue why Bobby Abreu is a top 10 player all-time). One email series that I am a part of is the 'Theme Teams', whereby a theoritical team will be made up with one thing in common (recent examples have been the 'All-Mullet Team' and the 'All-Played For More Than One Team With Pat Gillick as GM Team'). Combining my love of baseball with my love of American history, I present to you my All-Presidential Name Team...

Everyday Lineup
C- Gary Carter
1B- Conor Jackson
2B- Adam Kennedy
3B- Charlie Hayes
SS- Ron Washington
OF- Shoeless Joe Jackson
OF- Otis Nixon
OF- Hack Wilson
DH- Reggie Jackson

Starting Rotation
SP- Walter Johnson
SP- Whitey Ford
SP- Randy Johnson
SP- Matt Harrison
SP- Dave Bush

Bench
C- Terry Kennedy
INF- Reggie Jefferson
INF- Tony Taylor
INF- Howard Johnson
OF- Von Hayes
OF- Claudell Washington
OF- Craig Monroe
OF- Trot Nixon

Bullpen
CL- Brian Wilson
RP- Mark Grant
RP- Terry Adams
RP- Mudcat Grant
RP- Grant Jackson
RP- Reggie Cleveland

Manager- Davey Johnson

League President- Ban Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment